Monday, October 21, 2013

Kids Are Saved and Baptised

For years now our kids have been learning about Christ and what it means to be saved from our sins. We all screw up every day and we all want to spend eternity heaven. However, unrighteousness cannot coexist in heaven with holiness. Therefore, we remain separated from a holy God because of our screw ups (sin). Our kids - all three of them - totally get this.

Monday, October 7th Quinn, Sidney and Chloe all decided they wanted Jesus in their hearts. They prayed the prayer of faith and all three got saved that night as we led them to Christ right in our own home.

We had talked about it intently for days and I made sure they all three understood what it would mean. Quinn as little as 6 years old almost seemed to get it more than the girls. "We are separated from God because of our sin, dad, and to get back to God we have to believe in Jesus" he told me one night. Chloe was adamant about getting it done right away. She wanted Jesus in her heart to help her not be scared about things, to save her and to be close to her. Since then she hasn't dealt with one nightmare either. Just a side note. :) Sidney wanted to make sure she got to go to heaven and wanted Jesus to live in her as well.

Sunday they joined their cousin Kelsey and got baptized by our amazing Pastor, Randy Weeaks. Our church has played a huge role in their lives and in their understanding of who God is and how He loves us all. What a glorious time for my family and the day before my birthday too!

I made my confession of faith in Jesus when I was just 11 in the town of Pearland, Texas. I don't know the exact day and frankly I don't recall my baptism much either. I struggled with it for years and ended up recommitting my walk to Christ when I was 14 at Super Summer in Denton, Texas. That I clearly remember. However, my original salvation experience is foggy not because it wasn't real, but mainly because there isn't much around to remind me of it or to recall it all by. Times were different. Few cameras, no video, no Facebook, etc. I have a Bible somewhere with the date. I knew then that I needed Jesus to save me.

Christ only asks us to have a child like faith. As we get older we tend to think we know it all, don't need God and have a handle on it all. How sad.

Jesus died for you as well as for me. My kids get it and now Julie and I can rest at night knowing we will spend eternity with those we love the most - Chloe, Sidney and Quinn.

Thank you God for keeping it simple enough for a 6 year old child to understand.

#salvationdayoctober07




No comments: